May 16, 2013

A New Life in Mosquito City – Part 5 – About Three Hours

Download audio file (anlimc5.mp3)
 
Mark: Ok so that’s one ..I have gone about a mile now so I must be pretty close. That boat there! Hey, there is a man! Excuse me.
John: Yes. What do you want?
Mark: My name is Mark. Are you John?
John: I am John. Yeah.
Mark: Nice to meet you.
John: Nice to meet you.
Mark: Nice to meet you. (shaking hands)
John: Good to meet yer, mate.(shaking hands)
Mark: Nice to meet you.
John: What can I do for you?
Mark: I want to go to Mosquito City.
John: Mosquito City?! Oh that’s great.
Mark: Ok.
John: I love Mosquito City.
Mark: Do you work on this boat?
John: It is my boat.
Mark: And are you going to Mosquito City?
John: I am going to Mosquito City.
Mark: Will you take me there?
John: I will take you there.
Mark: How much?
John: Well. I don’t know. It only takes about three hours you know but I think maybe ..aah…
Mark: How much? How much?
John: Ah. Just give us a hundred dollars.
Mark: A hundred dollars? A hundred bucks? Ok. Here you are.
John: Thank you very much.
Mark: Ok. When do we leave?
John: Well, we leave now.
Mark: Ok. Let’s go.
Sailor: Get on.
Mark: Let’s go.

No comments:

Post a Comment